Sunday, December 5, 2010

I give Joy to the World when I....




I give joy to the world when I remember to accept my daughter for who she is. Thirteen years ago my daughter came into this world a clean slate and I had so many dreams of who she would be. Like all mothers dream and like the biggest majority we come to find out that they are their own people. She is beautiful in every way and so very smart. She can make you laugh when you want to cry your eyes out because God has gifted her with such humor and heart. I sometimes forget that she is perfect as she is and always just want to push her a bit harder. Life is hard as it is and she is who she is and in all honesty she is a good girl. A little mouthy, but she gets that as honest as the day is a gift. I love you Devlin and your mismatched socks, your crazy way of spelling and knowing deep down some where under that teenage head of yours you are a great kid and a true gift.

The wonderful big sis!!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. You brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing your daughter must be to you. I have linked your post for you on the No Ordinary Blog Hop. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post to your daughter -- I hope she reads it:) Thanks for joining the blog hop, your chances are very good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a beautiful daughter inside and out! Your heartfelt post is something to be cherished by you and your daughter. It seems you enjoy all the ups and downs of being a great mom to your 13 year old Devlin. My oldest daughter is 10.5 and I too need to remember that she is her own person. Thank you for the reminder :)
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful post on the blog hop!
    Have a blessed day!
    Tracy at "A Slice of Smith Life"
    http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I am now following your blog :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete