Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Our Review Of Math Refresher for Adults

Math Refresher for Adults
      No one in my house is exactly "gifted" in math! My oldest son who also happens to have autism (high functioning) is most likely the one who struggles the most sadly. Many of traditional math is babyish to him or too much like school so when I was given the chance to review Math Refresher for Adults by Math Essentials I figured maybe this would be a big help for him! He says he is too old for school so having the words for adults on it made a big difference. 




        Since math is most definitely not my strong point I need all the help I can get teaching it as well. I have also realized my fifth grade teacher was exactly on point when she told us all that if you don't use it you lose it. Yes, I tend to forget math very quickly and my son is even more forgetful than I! While the book states it is for adults anyone could really use this book to brush up on math skills. If you have an older child who needs a reminder or even some extra practice this book is great for that as well. Hopefully you can even improve on something you once struggled with! 




I will state that my son is not fond of pictures at all so him willing to take this was a BIG deal. I had to explain maybe seeing him using this book will help other people who need a bit of extra help who are also older realize they too can still learn math. 

 The book is a set up like most other workbooks. The answers for each page is in the back of the book. You can write your answers to the side or next to the problem whichever you prefer. 

I had him work on the problems then we went over them if they were not done correctly. I try to avoid the words "you got it wrong" with him. Simple things kind of hurt his feelings so I try to watch the phrases I use with him. Nobody truly likes to hear they are wrong anyway! 


The book starts out covering basic math topics. Think addition,subtraction,multiplication, division, percents, integers, charts, graphs and of course the dreaded word problems! It moves onto fractions, geometry and algebra. The lessons are short so not very long. There is a section of helpful hints and even access to video helps for each topic! There is some review built into the lessons as well. This is a great book for adults or even older teens and I highly recommend it!

Please check out Math Essentials on Facebook!
You can also check out more reviews from the crew below and even read about the many other products from Math Essentials. 

Math Refresher for Adults {Math Essentials}

Math Refresher for Adults {Math Essentials}



Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment