Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Our Review of New American Cursive 3 by Memoria Press



     When the New American Cursive 3 (Famous Quotes & Lessons on Manners) by Memoria Press became a review item I knew I just had to have that for my cursive loving kid! Knowing this program was developed by Iris Hatfield who has over 35 years of experience in the handwriting field was even better! 


 Rhyli absolutely has loved learning cursive this year! She had just finished the first book she had been working on when this one became available so this was a big thrill! Since we have used Memoria Press products in the past I was sure this would be a winner as well and I was not disappointed! Memoria Press is a true quality Christian Curriculum. She was happy to see a new cursive writing book with new things for copy work. 
       As soon as I saw the fact the book was spiral bound at the top I knew they were on the right track with handwriting lessons. Being spiral bound at the top is a huge bonus in my house. The kids like their books to lay flat and not having their hand shoved in a binding while trying to write. The lessons were fairly straight forward. Rhyli and I read through the beginning of the book together which is the 7 page teaching guide, and then she just kind of took off with it on her own. 


       This book includes 100 different exercises for the child to practice their writing. These lessons include Bible verses and character building quotes as well as making simple letters and such. It also has some creative writing work included as well so this was another bonus. There are some blank pages included so you can also make your own copy work. 








        Rhyli always uses her gel pens when she writes. I have no issue with that and they didn't bleed through the nice pages either. I love good quality pages in a workbook and Memoria Press is one of the best we have used! The quality of their programs really are top notch. The pages aren't flimsy, they don't rip or tear easily and the books don't fall apart. In any product we have used the images are always wholesome and well made. I appreciate this because my children are very visual. I like them to enjoy what they are looking at when doing their assignments. 



 Rhyli has completed one other cursive book so this was her second but she is still in the learning phase. She will sometimes forget how to make certain letters as well as how to link them so even though this book states it is for a beginner I would still use this if you are simply looking for a quality book to practice in. The lessons are very thorough and as far as Rhyli was concerned they were fun. The fact that she calls it fun is the deal sealer for me because to me learning should be fun!




        I love seeing how she can put her hand on any part of the page and not be bothered by the binding. It makes for comfortable writing no matter if you are left or right handed. I have no problem recommending this program to anyone who has a child ready to learn cursive or needing more practice learning cursive. There are two available books before the level we used as well. I chose this one since she a bit older than most beginners and she has had previous experience in learning cursive. It is recommended the child practice twenty minutes a day and she had zero issues with this. On most days she went over that because she enjoys cursive writing that much. Besides Penmanship Memoria Press has many other fine programs to choose from including Latin, Greek, Logic and even Science. Please feel free to click the banner below to learn about more of these from other reviewers!
New American Cursive & Traditional Logic {Memoria Press Reviews}
Memoria Press is also very active via social media so please connect with them in the outlets available. 


New American Cursive & Traditional Logic {Memoria Press Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment