Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Field Trip!!!!


        We had one of the most amazing field trips ever this week! We were able to visit Mystic Jungle Educational Facility. I love big cats and so do my kids especially Skyler. Cats are her heart and it is a calling for her in a big way. She would bring home a million if she could. She has plans to work with big cats so this was right up her alley and of course the other kiddos enjoyed learning as well. The best thing in my opinion is how personal this place is. 



  
        White tigers in my eyes are the most beautiful animals. When I was a little girl my great grandmother bought me a white tiger at a festival. He still has a spot on my bed all these years later and he is my oldest treasure. He has followed me my whole life and I have adored these tigers ever since. I thought it truly funny every time my son Fox walked by this habitat it would hiss! 






        Now I want to say upfront I am in no way knocking the zoos but look at this picture... Really look and notice something different that you usually don't see. 



        LOOK HOW CLOSE WE ARE!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing. That is the only word I can come up with simply amazing! These animals are beyond beauty. They are majestic. I just wanted to go in there and play catch with them! I have to admit right here that I had as much fun as the kids, maybe more! I learned more than I already knew as well. 








        I loved seeing the owner go in and basically snuggle with this big girl! I was truly broken hearted to find out that Mystic Jungle had rescued her and she was declawed :(. Once you do this to a cat you have crippled them. This girl has walking struggles and will have life long problems. You never ever declaw your cats. I understand they can cause damage but there are ways to get around that. Because of being declawed this poor girl is basically helpless and could never survive in the wild. Thank God for places like Mystic Jungle who is always there to lend a big helping hand to our animal friends. 


  
        Look how close my girls are to the fence! Skyler was just in Heaven. 




        Look at that baby getting a belly rub!!! My house cats are funny about who touches their tummies so for a cat to do this with anyone it shows extreme trust! These animals here are loved and it shows!




       I will say watching him in there with those gators was a bit tense! Now I love gators and I am kinda guilty of trying to pet a small one at a lake once but these are huge ones! My mother has often told me that my wanting to touch every animal I see will be the death of me!






  
        As soon as Skyler saw this she said it was just like her cat Mayhem! He loves to lay on shelves and such looking down on us humans! She kept saying they are all just big kitties!






     
       Right after I took this pic this big guy splashed me! They may be huge but they really are just big kitties! They play and act almost like our little house cats! They are just a joy to watch as well. FYI the popcorn you smell at zoos isn't popcorn....it's tiger pee. How funny is that!



        Now I will say I absolutely adore foxes and arctic foxes are just beautiful! Growing up with a brother named Fox and now having a son with the same I obviously have a soft spot for those little guys! I hear them at night on the back of my property and every now and then have caught them running my yard! Foxes are just beautiful. 
        




        We of course had to take a group pic! 





        Seeing this little one dancing was just hilarious! It made the whole trip!




       This was just a wonderful experience. Hands down pure fun! The wonderful people that run this place are just that, wonderful. They have the biggest hearts and great teaching skills. They were wonderful working with the kids, answering questions and showing us all around. As we were leaving Skyler looked at me and said, I belong here mom I'm gonna be back right? She loves all animals but the feline ones they are just her thing. Big or small it don't matter the cats of the world have her soul! She was sad to learn that she needs to be 16 to volunteer but believe me she is counting the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment