Sunday, December 17, 2017

Junior Market Day!


      So another homeschool mom got the idea of a kids farmers market I would call it. The kids who make stuff had a chance to set up booths and sell the handmade things they make. I truly had zero idea of how many little makers we had in the area! It seemed a perfect time for Fox to show off his baking skills.... We had NOOOOO idea what making 100 cupcakes meant! 



      I mean I knew it would be messy but.... the kitchen looked like a war zone when we finished! We sadly had to throw out the first 3 dozen because we used the wrong cocoa! I don't even know how that happened. Needless to say finding some in our small town was an issue at Christmas time. Three stores later and we barely had enough and of course only the most expensive was left LOL! 



      Fox has to have music and it blared all night long!







      Sadly the kitchen looked way worse after we made all the icing!



      At almost two in the morning he was making the last batch! Look at that kid, still smiling!! We planned on making the icing early in the morning to make sure it was as fresh as possible. 



      We woke up realizing we had no butter to make icing so that was more running around! We were still icing them at 11:45 when we had to be there at noon. It was CRAZY!!! It was chaos and nuts and we had a blast! We danced around the kitchen, got cocoa powder and powdered sugar on every surface possible and changed shirts twice! We made it to the event and were set up by 12:30! We saw so many cool things there from kids I could have spent a fortune! I did have a worry that he wouldn't talk to people. My kids have a way of shutting out the world when they feel overwhelmed. My worry was unfounded he did AMAZING! 



      He answered questions and even did an interview! Shocker he even made friends! We had such a crazy roller coaster day and were both exhausted but in the end it was perfect! 





      He sold a bunch of cupcakes we only left with a few! He learned quite a bit about business and time management as well. They are doing it again in the Spring.... he wants to make even more in different flavors and use different types of icing. I think after Spring I may be ready for a hotel for a week! He did all the work I was only there to help package so all in all I am one proud momma this week! I also feel blessed that some of my favorite people were happy to buy his cupcakes!








No comments:

Post a Comment