Friday, September 8, 2017

Peek At Our Week 2


     Week 2 is done!!! It was a full week too at that! It seems like it is always a full week since the whole FUN-SCHOOLING thing started. Fun-school is a term coined by Sarah Janisse Brown the Thinking Tree author who I truly adore. It can look a bit different for every family and this is a week in the life of my kiddos. What does fun-school look like for my kids? Well we do nature science every week. Why? Because the girls love it. They love that time going outside looking at trees. leaves, clouds, bugs and whatever else they come up with. They really like coloring outside as well. 

     By the time they come in they are pretty relaxed and cheerful and ready to move on to whatever it is that comes next. Even at 12 and 13 they still need to get the wiggles out so to speak. Yes my kids have a say in what they learn to a big degree, yes they have a say on where they do school as well. They may start at the table and end up on the floor! I have been asked before how do you ever expect your kids to know how to act in public and I can honestly say I have never had an issue. My children are kind, loving, respectful and helpful. 

     










     Fox decided out of the blue this was a must do project this week so we rolled with it. Of course once big brother starts something.....
     









     The girls will join in as well! The coolest part about this is that he is all cool with it. 





     Fun-Schooling is learning how to make banana bread because they want too! My mother is an amazing cook, as for me..... Well, it has taken a few years. I just got over being intimidated by my deep fryer about two years back. That would be the same time I ever cooked chicken before as well. I have never been a big chicken person to begin with so not cooking it was no big deal. I had kids though who really liked chicken and they asked for it all the time. All the time I would go grab a bag of frozen chicken nuggets and after a while that just didn't cut it anymore. 

     Back to my mother who is an amazing cook! She never had the tolerance to teach me not that I had the patience to learn if she had. The first time I ever made dinner for another human was a comical time! The spaghetti, well it wasn't done and the brownies were burnt beyond repair! My date for the evening was a trooper about it though! He ate it all and didn't puke! It took years for me to cook and I still learn new things all the time. I truly want my children to be able to cook when they leave the home so to speak! Cooking has also opened a whole interest in Fox with baking. He has us all spoiled with from scratch stuff!













     Fun-Schooling is learning about poetry, plays and stories! Right now we are studying Shakespeare and they are having a blast! While they are learning about him they are learning countless other things in history as well. OK let's be honest so am I! I have always been a reader but even I am learning so much more. 


     He can choose to dive into American history with a passion! He adores American history and he reads and watches anything he gets his hands on!



     Skyler can have picture study every day in her Charlotte Mason journal by The Thinking Tree. 



     This year instead of concentrating just on America as we know it Fox has decided to go to the before time period. Before America was a nation under God. He wanted to learn the history of the Native Americans and how it all came together. 



     They are also doing an environmental science of sorts as well. They are learning all the ways to better care for the earth and be better humans!





     This week was water and how to not waste it and where it comes from! They did an experiment on water recycling and the water cycle itself. 



     Fox gets to use UnLock Math online because it just fits his learning style better than a mom who lectures! 




     Fun-Schooling is a little girl who is braving the world with no siblings for the first time ever! She is taking a class at the zoo for Zoology! She wants to work with animals. This is perfect for her and she is doing it on her own! 





    
      Fun-Schooling is finishing the week on the floor reading ancient history! Fun-Schooling is your kids following their path in what they want out of life and developing a lifelong love of learning! 








No comments:

Post a Comment