Friday, September 1, 2017

Peek At Our week 1


      Well we had our first week and no one had a nervous breakdown! Yay for that!! We are easing our way in to a full schedule so we didn't hit on everything this week. Hopefully when we do no one has a nervous breakdown! Sadly, Fox was attacked and bitten by a dog Monday evening so his week was very limited. No major damage done just plenty of pain and anger towards a neighbor who knew her dog was aggressive and let it loose anyway. 

     The girls had a blast using the new Nature Study book by The Thinking Tree. I fell in love with these books almost two years ago and we still use them heavily in our school. I also love Sarah and her thoughts on education for kids! Her ideas are truly wonderful and child led. They have changed everything in our school!










     We also started our Author Basket this week for literature. We are studying Shakespeare and some of his plays and such. My goal with this basket is to introduce an author every two months or so to the kids. I found some fun things for this author as well! Magnetic words, paper puppets, coloring book and even mad libs!






     The girls had a blast with the magnetic words!











     They even learned some new words this week! Fox of course is still hitting on American History and he will read the series "A History of US". 




     The kiddos started cooking class as well. This week they used a recipe from the Yum-Schooling Cook Book by The Thinking Tree. They made these cereal type candy bars. They were pretty good too! We decided to choose Golden Grahams for the cereal and they were yummy!







     The girls spent well over an hour playing with our old talking globe! I have almost gotten rid of that thing several times and always stop myself! 




     Since my camera went MIA and I am down to just my phone for pictures unfortunately quite a few from this week were mistakenly deleted so that is all I have for the first week of school! All in all it was a great week. I am hoping the remaining 39 go just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment