Friday, October 5, 2012

Week 5

This was an awesome week! Monday was amazing! I have no idea what got into Fox but his behavior was totally wonderful. We stayed on track, got everything done and there was minimal fighting between them. It was the best week so far! Fox got up in the morning with no bickering and rude remarks, Damian was actually doing his work instead of wasting time lolly gagging around. It was just great. They are still taking their break doing bike riding and I am still having their lunches ready. This week I did introduce the daily learning book.

I got the idea from another homeschooler. I have a morning board but in all hoensty I am kinda not into it anymore. Lugging it out, all the littlepieces that velcro on searching for them etc etc. Seems more trouble than it is worth.


Ever the picture perfect little girl!! So what is in their books?


100 day countdown for one. Calendar pages of course. Weather graphs and a number page where you have to write expanded form, word form, a daily sentence, tally marks etc. I know I used pages from alot of different resources including Confessions of a homeschooler. I am not really computer savy so I love the moms who share! I also added a mini office of a sort to their books. A mini office is basically a refernce folder of many different things. I did it when the older kids were small and the only thing I hated was once it had been laminated you couldn't add to it. This solved that problem I can add pages anytime I want! We also picked up cursive with the boys and started Skyler on hers.


Skyler loves cursive. The boys do not! I love cursive too. I love making the loopy loops in my handwriting. I can still remember being a teenager writing my signature over and over again,as well as my moms lol. We don't need to go there though do we?



Skyler is doing really well with grammer when we do it together. Left on her own she gets worried that they will all be wrong so she is fighting me trying to leave her at the table. Must work on independance.


Our state this week is New Hampshire. We actually have a New Hampshire box that we got from the swapping group on facebook. The kids had fun going through everything. As usual Fox wants to go. I promise if this kid would have lived back in the days of explorations he would have sailed the entire world many many times over. He wants to go everywhere.


Chemistry continues. The boys were none too thrilled with doing vocabulary words.


We also started using the homeschool in the woods author study and learned about The Brothers Grimm.


Of course our week is not even going to get through without an animal coming to vist, or three. These guys are always all over the yard. I almost think they come to play with the kids.


This is the biggest sticky frog we have ever seen.

As always I took way too many pictures so if you by chance wanna see more here ya go!  If you would like to check out our week 3 of Magic School you can go here.





2 comments: