Friday, September 7, 2018

Peek At Week 1


       Week 1 is done!! The kids of course took the week trying to understand their planners and figure out a routine to get all their work done each day. I think I spent the day hearing, what next? I spent the day saying, look at your planner! 




   
       Rhyli starts every morning with her favorite thing in the world, cursive!








        Skyler is using the butterfly she mounted to make a picture in her journal for nature time..



  
       I am not quite sure how the butterfly turned into this but hey, whatever makes her happy!




    
       She also picked out her two science books to read for forensics. 




        So far her favorite book is the Endangered Animals Grammar Journal.  She does several pages a day in it. 




  
       Fox is doing Guest Hollow, Chemistry in the Kitchen for science. His first project is removing the salt from salt water. 









        You boil the salt water for a few minutes with a curved lid. After it is at a good boil you flip the lid and the water that forms on it will be free of salt. That was pretty cool to see. 







  
        Our first week back was pretty easy going nothing too demanding. I am just letting them get used to the routine and new materials. So far they enjoy everything they are using for the year and I haven't gotten any complaints!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures you included in this post. We started back up the 20th of August, but am finding we need to tweak some things so we haven’t found our groove yet.
    Can I ask how you came up with your blog name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adamant Academy? It was at one time Clark Academy when the kids were very young and we had some financial issues for a bit when I thought I was going to have to put them back in school :( Clark is the kids dads last name and us splitting was the issue but I was determined that I was going to find a way to keep them home and Adamant fit well with Academy so that is how the name came about. I was adamant they would not go back to school and I would figure out a way to homeschool single. Thanks so much for looking at our blog and our pictures!!!

      Delete