Friday, November 17, 2017

Filed Trip To The Farm


      Today we went to Dudley Farm is Gainesville and as usual had a complete blast! We always feel like we are stepping back in time and my kids run all over that place, it truly is magical for those that adore history! 


      My children always like starting at the family home. They have their own little routine. They went along with a filed trip this time and they were a bit thrown off! It was fun having a guide though in my opinion. I was truly proud that for the most part my kids knew exactly what she was talking about and had answers to many of the questions even if they were a bit too shy to speak up. 

     

      No matter how many times they pump water my kids still get a HUGE kick out of! I wonder how they would feel after doing it for hours though??






      The tobacco barn is always a favorite for Skyler, I have no idea why but she just loves seeing it every single time!


      
      Another thing I love about this place is it slows them down. In all honesty hyper is a common with my group so I love to see them excited about seeing things and doing things that aren't electronics! I also love the picture places! So many ideas for photos at this place!



      They really enjoyed watching the black smiths make silverware.   






      
      I could not even begin to imagine eating with that fork!!



      They also got to learn all about sugar cane and making cane syrup!







       It was fun to see the kitchen and hear all about cooking in the old days. Skyler never tires of that and just loves being there when someone is actually cooking! The food always smells so yummy!












       Animals of course are a big deal for Skyler and the farm! She can tell you all about cracker cows from learning about them here. She loves feeding the chickens and petting the horses and seeing Tom the Turkey! We had a wonderful day at the farm and I wish it weren't so far because we love this place!! 















                  HAPPY FIELD TRIP DAYS!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment