Friday, August 16, 2013

Our first week!

Well we had our first week and it went pretty good. It was very strange to not have Damian joining but I will have to get used to that I suppose. They are enjoying the CNN student news show every morning. They have also enjoyed learning sign language from this site. I am sure we have quite a ways to go but they are liking it. We are doing a letter and a word or phrases every other day. Fox was actually taught to sign when he was a toddler and I was pretty shocked when a lot of that seemed to come back. We were going through the dictionary and he was all, Hey I know some of this! That was cool.

They are liking Spell By Color so far as well. They have a notebook where they will do any writing work and writing the rules in.



Of course Skyler likes anything with crayons.

This week in science they reviewed cells, the endocrine system and reproduction. They had already done this so it was mostly review for this week.


Of course we did our school cones. This year it was a bit different as small toys and cute supplies are getting past the older kids so I made snack cones!

 They are filled with junk and drink packs for water bottles. All in all it was a good week and I hope that continues on into next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment