Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Lessons!

Every year for three years now I say the week of Thanksgiving I am going to use this. I never do. I forget, I get busy etc. life happens. This year we are going to do it. Next week I will. There is even a virtual tour of The Mayflower and letters from the pilgrims as well as the Indian Tribe. I think this will be much more interesting than the kids making yet another Thanksgiving lapbook they soon forget about anyway.

I have learned I over did it with lapbooks when they were younger so now I have to pick and choose. This also fits right in with Winterpromise American History.


                                     
The First Thanksgiving, reproduction of an oil painting by J.L.G. Ferris, early 20th century.
Credit: Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. (neg. no. LC-USZC4-4961)

No comments:

Post a Comment