Friday, August 17, 2018

Summer Week 11


      Since our amazing field trip to see dinosaurs was so much fun we decided to have some dinosaur days!! Months back I had made a dinosaur basket but we had never really messed with it much so this was the week for dinosaurs! It is so hard to find cool dinosaur stuff for older kids. Everything is usually for much younger children or it is dry and boring. Skyler finally decided to crack open her Dino Doodle Journal and start working in that. She loves her journals. 







      She picked some dino related books to start off the week. 










       I suspect this will be her favorite, we all adore the "ology" books. 



       We of course had to have some dino poop! I mean everyone needs that right? 




       I found these little extras at Dollar General and Five Below. Skyler loves plants anyway. Both my kids still like digging stuff out with kits like these. 




       This was from Amazon and is really cool. I am eager to play with this thing!




       This is a show I loved watching years ago and it was canceled. We of course had to have movies to watch!



       The first thing the kids wanted to do was dig for dinosaur poop! I think this came from Ebay. They had a ton of fun with this and of course making a mess!















       When it was all over they had a nice chunk of dinosaur poop!



       In other news we found the wasp nest that has been hiding by our front door. We thought it was under the porch but it seems like it is on the under side of my big elephant ear plants! We also notice the huge spider with her egg pouch. These wasps have been attacking us all summer long when we are on the front porch. I love nature but not when it attacks or gets in my house. I hate wasps they are terrible so they had to go! The spider had to go as well because I do not want that stuff coming in my house!




       We also found a HUGE caterpillar. I have never seen any this big before so it was awesome to check him out for a little while then put him back. We found him in one of the fairy gardens Skyler had made. He is just so BIG!
















       Fox said he looked like a smaller version of those huge prehistoric insects! My kids are way too into the past I think! That was our week! It was messy and fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment